Are you struggling with your dog’s behavior?
Is your dog a selective listener?
Want your walks to be more enjoyable?
Have you tried training but are frustrated with a lack of results?
You’ve come to the right place.
We can help!
MY TRAINING PHILOSOPHY
- Obedience training is a way of life, not a series of parlor tricks.
- The goal is to establish a line of communication with your dog in a way s/he can understand so you are essentially speaking the same language. Think of it as a conversation you’ll be having that will get easier over time so that you can have an effective partnership with your dog.
- Most behavior problems are due to stress and boredom. An untrained dog living with a human has a certain level of built-in stress because the human may not communicate effectively and is oftentimes inconsistent in their communication. Coupled with a lack of mental stimulation in their daily lives, dogs get bored and find ways to entertain themselves, thereby relieving stress.
- Continuing education is important in any field, therefore I have studied numerous training methods and proper use of various training tools. I like to keep my toolbox full so I can help as many dogs and people as possible. My experience and education has taught me to always read the dog - s/he will tell you what works and what doesn’t.
- Leadership 101 - all of the knowledge and tools in the world won’t influence a dog’s behavior if your dog doesn’t view you as the leader. Leadership is NOT about being alpha nor dominant; I think these behavior terms are often misunderstood and misused. To me a good leader is clear, consistent, fair and predictable, and fulfills the needs of the dog.
- I consider myself a holistic dog trainer meaning I consider the whole dog including health, nutrition, gait and structure. Just like with humans, I believe these things affect how we feel which affects how we behave. I am continually studying how these affect behavior and the ability of dogs to learn and maintain their training goals.
- I recommend obedience training for every dog. My motto is “Every Dog Deserves an Education!” A trained dog has more freedom and a better quality of life; s/he is able to go more places with you because she is obedient, confident, well mannered, and therefore a joy to be around. Trained or untrained, which do you prefer?
Contact Pauline here.
Adopted a new dog?
Read my article “Tips for a Successful Dog Adoption”.
We’ve partnered with Dr. Jean Thompson, D.C. of Maryland Animal Chiropractic to hold regular Canine Chiropractic Clinics at our training studio in Canton.
To get more information or to make an appointment, call 443-201-1508 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr.Jean Thompson, DC is certified in Animal Chiropractic by the International Veterinary Chiropractic Association. She is not a veterinarian.
Ruby-doo and Pauline Houliaras, CPT, IACP-CDT, CDTA, PDTI.
CPT = Certified Professional Trainer
CDT = Certified Dog Trainer
CDTA = Certified Dog Trainer, Advanced
PDTI - Professional Dog Training Instructor